Low Limit Poker Forum
Start Playing at Party Poker and get a 250 bonus
Low Limit Poker Forum
November 27, 2014, 10:36:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Low Limit Blog gets it's own home.
You can visit the Low Limit Poker Blog at http://www.lowlimitblog.com

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AKs MW: 2 bets  (Read 965 times)
CoolDuck
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:08:40 pm »

Really tired... but I've wanted to post some hands for awhile.  I thought this was interesting.

No info about the utg raiser, the BB is like (30, 9, 2), but I wouldn't consider him very good.

What's your turn play? This really is brutul.  And I think the correct play on the flop and turn is honestly to just call. 
But when it's 2 bets back aroud....

<a href="http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/flash/replayer.swf?pokerhandid=1167334" target="_blank">http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/flash/replayer.swf?pokerhandid=1167334</a>
Tony
Seven Deuce Offsuit w/ +EV

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:58:42 am »

Ugh, that's a really difficult turn decision with no read on UTG.  The only thing you can infer is that he's probably not a good player, since no regular ever limp-reraises these days.  I'd assume the BB could just as easily have 88 or something, so it really comes down to what a limp-reraise means from UTG.  With no info I'd always assume AA or KK, in which case I think you made a good laydown.  At best it looks as though you're splitting with AK, but it may get capped behind you and cost you three big bets and possibly at least a few more on the river.  Paying four or more big bets for at best half the pot isn't an attractive option.  Horrible hand to have to lay down, but I think you played it well.

...lock-jawed pop stars, thicker than pig shit, nothing to convey...
...so scared to show intelligence, it might smear their lovely career...  Morrissey (from This World is Full of Crashing Bores)
CoolDuck
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 03:22:55 am »

Tony utg actually opened raised.  I 3-bet after the cold caller, and then he capped. 

I was worried about folding to AK, but the fact that one king is out on the board, and I have one king, that only leaves two other kings in the deck.  One of them likely has a king, but either player could have a Q, and utg looks to have AA.
Tony
Seven Deuce Offsuit w/ +EV

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 05:00:38 am »

Oh sorry, yeah I don't know why I thought he'd limp-reraised.  I think you still played it fine.  There's just a lot more bets that could go in when you're splitting at best, and it's going to be very expensive when you're not.

...lock-jawed pop stars, thicker than pig shit, nothing to convey...
...so scared to show intelligence, it might smear their lovely career...  Morrissey (from This World is Full of Crashing Bores)
MellowYellow
Two Time Bracelet Winner
MellowYellow

OneGoodThingAboutMusic WhenItHitsYou YouFeelNoPain

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 01:05:57 pm »

I would have a really hard time believing that one of these 2 has either AA, KK or the Queen, maybe BOTH AA and one with the lone Q.  I would (bitterly) fold here.

"You asked for opinions, and both respondents disagreed with the min-raise. This seems to have reinforced your opinion that the min-raise was good.  To each his own." ~Coughy_boy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Dedicated Server Hosting by LiquidWeb

Quality Poker Links
HTML Site Map